Symphony of the Lakes to Hire a New Artistic/Musical Director
The Board of Directors is pleased to announce the launching of a search for a new Artistic/Musical Director this Spring 2013. The board seeks an outstanding conductor to lead the Symphony of the Lakes orchestra.
- Advanced Degree in Music;
- An ability to relate to an audience;
- An instinct for programming;
- Outstanding conducting skills;
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
Artistic Performance Responsibilities:
- Develop the overall artistic quality of the orchestra;
- Select works to be performed and determine the number and type of rehearsals required;
- Conduct rehearsals and concerts as agreed upon by the Board of Directors;
- Determine the stage setup to present the orchestra at its best acoustically and visually;
Artistic Administrative Responsibilities:
- Develop the overall public image of the orchestra in the community;
- Be involved in fundraising and sponsor recognition events;
- Develop long range artistic plans for the orchestra in conjunction with the Board of Directors;
- Present the concert season for Board approval and work with the Board of Directors to arrange a calendar for appropriate planning; programing and marketing
- Responsible for the recruitment, auditioning, hiring, & placement of musicians;
- Work with the Finance Committee to prepare a budget and work within budgetary parameters.
- Collaborate with Administrative Assistant;
- Attend board meetings as necessary;
- Select guest artists and guest conductors, and work with the Board to negotiate payment/contracts as appropriate
APPLICATION: Please submit a letter of application, a resume, and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org